- Job ID: 14239
- Functional Area: Clerical/Admin.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
- Location: Birmingham, AL
- Department: ACC-Patient Access
- Education Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Relocation Provided:
Welcome to Cooper Green Mercy!
Our vision: Be the choice for care in our community.
Our mission: Serving all residents of Jefferson County, Alabama, through respectful, comprehensive, patient-centered care to achieve optimal health and a higher quality of life, regardless of ability to pay.
Commitment to Diversity: Cooper Green Mercy Health Services Authority, an affiliate of UAB Health System is an ambulatory care clinic that strives to provide an environment where our patients, employees and providers have a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We are committed to improving the health and lives of those we serve. We will act with intentionality to innovate, attract a workforce that represents the community we serve, invest in our community, and educate our workforce to be culturally competent and socially responsible.
We’re looking for like-minded individuals driven to make a difference. We invite you to explore careers at Cooper Green.
Work involves performing a variety of clerical support functions in a health care setting by assessing patient needs and eligibility for health care services, collecting and recording patient information, and providing information and services to patients. Contacts patient or responsible party to obtain missing or incomplete demographic or insurance information. Verifies insurance through electronic processes; Contacts insurance company to obtain eligibility and verification of covered and non-covered services for scheduled appointments. Enrollment Specialist must be able to multi-task, utilizing and matching a variety of traditional and online access solutions. The Enrollment Specialist must have a general idea and knowledge about the field. Excellent grammar skills, proofreading, and proficiency in writing along with interpersonal customer service skills.
1. Gather patient financial information to make a determination regarding eligibility
2. Perform insurance verification by verifying primary and secondary insurance coverage for patients
3. Records in EMR (NextGen) system the level of coverage and eligibility information
4. Ensure all insurance demographic and eligibility information is obtained and entered in the system thoroughly and accurately
5. Correctly expires inactive payor plans; adds or uses replace function to enter new insurances
6. Verifies insurance(s) using Real-Time application, payor websites, or by phone call to insurance company
7. Enters insurance information correctly in demographics, selecting appropriate financial classes or plans; records eligibility, effective/expiration dates, co-payments, PCP, and other specified information
8. Explain financial requirement to patients or other responsible party
9. Schedule patients for their yearly PCP and enrollment yearly renewal appointments, and prints out appointment reminder along with documents needed for the appointment
10. Researches patient accounts when requested by supervisor or manager, taking appropriate actions
11. Maintain appropriate databases, manuals, logs, files, and other required documentation; demonstrate an understanding for patient confidentiality
12. Assists patients and staff timely and in a clear, helpful manner when performing enrollment assessments and/or verification duties
13. Proactively shares new information related to enrollment, demographic or insurance updates with all appropriate areas and team members
14. Takes on more work whenever possible
1. Required: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Dynamic, enthusiastic and highly customer
service focused personality and ability to consistently deliver an exceptional customer service experience.
Dedicated to increasing overall customer service satisfaction by displaying excellent verbal communication/telephone skills at all times. 2+ Years of Customer Service experience is required. Must be detail oriented with the capability to handle confidentiality. Must have good communication skills.
Preferred: Prefer minimum of one to two years of customer service, health information management, physician office or other clinic environment experience. Bilingual ability.
Cooper Green Mercy Health Services Authority is proud to be an AA/EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
email CGRecruitment@uabmc.edu for more information!