- Job ID: 14372
- Functional Area: Health/Medical
- Position Type: Full Time
- Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
- Location: Birmingham, AL
- Department: CLI-Specialty Clinics
- Education Required: Certificate Program
- Relocation Provided: No
Welcome to Cooper Green Mercy!
Our vision: Be the choice for care in our community.
Our mission: Serving all residents of Jefferson County, Alabama, through respectful, comprehensive, patient-centered care to achieve optimal health and a higher quality of life, regardless of ability to pay.
Commitment to Diversity: Cooper Green Mercy Health Services Authority, an affiliate of UAB Health System is an ambulatory care clinic that strives to provide an environment where our patients, employees and providers have a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We are committed to improving the health and lives of those we serve. We will act with intentionality to innovate, attract a workforce that represents the community we serve, invest in our community, and educate our workforce to be culturally competent and socially responsible.
We’re looking for like-minded individuals driven to make a difference. We invite you to explore careers at Cooper Green.
Work involves providing medical treatment and personal care for patients as ordered by provider. Work requires the employee to perform duties such as taking and recording vital signs and dressing wounds. The work is performed under supervision of a professional nurse or provider according to facility policies and procedures. To display good rapport and demonstrate a positive attitude with all customers, family members, visitors and facility team members.
1. Assists in providing accurate, prompt direct and indirect nursing care. Stocks and maintains exam rooms. Set up exam rooms for specific procedures per provider’s orders. Accurately takes and records patient vitals and / or perform EKGs, urine dipsticks, pregnancy tests, or other point of care tasks.
2. Conducts interviews of patients to obtain pertinent health history data and other information, documents chief complaints, reviews electronic health record (EHR) updates information and documents medications, allergies, etc.
3. Administers certain oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular, topical, intradermal, inhalation, and instillation medications per provider’s order.
4. Displays effective communication skills; accurately instructs patient/family per protocol or as instructed by professional nurse or provider; adheres to proper channels of communication in a courteous and cooperative manner; protects patients’ rights and confidentiality; handles telephone calls appropriately.
5. Maintains accountability for a safe environment for patients and others. Adheres to safety regulations. Ensures environment is organized.
6. Supports quality and fiscal goals for department and institution. Assists in inventory management. Assists with CQI projects and identifies obstacles to improvement. Identifies and communicates opportunities for process improvement within the clinical area. Assists with policies and procedures development for the facility.
7. May serve as a peer mentor and provide student-learning experiences as assigned.
8. Ability to properly use departmental patient care / non-patient care equipment (Bladder scanner, EKG, Language line, Glucometer, etc.).
9. Performs / assists with specific procedures, such as lumbar puncture and biopsies, and other clinic specific procedures per protocol or as directed by provider instructions and according to policy.
10. Provides instructions to the patient/family accurately and thoroughly per protocol or as directed by professional nurse or provider.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
CCMA Certification from the National Healthcare Association (NHA) or (AAMA) is required.
Two (2) years of clinical experience preferred. Work experience may NOT substitute for education/certification requirement.
Must possess basic knowledge of computers, PC applications, software, and database management.
Current CPR certification required.
This role may require lifting up to 50 lbs.
The work location for this role is onsite.
Cooper Green Mercy Health Services Authority is proud to be an AA/EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
email CGRecruitment@uabmc.edu for more information!