- Job ID: 14377
- Functional Area: Management
- Position Type: Full Time
- Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
- Location: Birmingham, AL
- Department: CLI-Specialty Clinics
- Education Required: Associates Degree
- Relocation Provided: No
1. Evaluate and improve clinic flow; oversee the day-to-day clinic operations of one or more designated clinics or areas according to established policies and procedures; address problems and implements solutions
2. Provide professional leadership to Primary Care, Specialty Care, and/or Behavioral Health clinical staff
3. Collaborate with and provide administrative support to the Admin Manager-Clinics, Director of Nursing and Medical Director as needed
4. Complete performance evaluations six months after new hire onboarding, and annually for each employee, based upon objectives and time frames in collaboration with Admin Manager-Clinics/Director of Nursing
5. Accomplishes nursing human resource objectives by interviewing, selecting, onboarding/orienting, cross-training, and completing departmental check off of new employees; counsel and mentor direct reports
6. Initiate and follow disciplinary procedure when applicable in collaboration with HR Administrator, Director of Nursing and Admin Manager-Clinics
7. Provide on-going knowledge and education through in-services, monthly meetings, and/or annual trainings
8. Assist in crafting clinic and facility policies and procedures, and ensure they are followed, especially those related to patient care and safety
9. Maintain time and attendance logs on all employees; update logs weekly to include all variances each pay period so that they remain up to date
10. May serve as a peer mentor and provide student learning experiences as assigned
11. Participate in quality improvement projects; gather and report QI data and audits to Director of Nursing, Admin Manager-Clinics, and appropriate personnel; submit other monthly or quarterly reports as assigned
12. Supports quality and fiscal goals for department and institution; Assists in inventory management; Assists with CQI projects and identifies obstacles to improvement. Identifies and communicates opportunities for process improvement within the clinical area; Assists with policies and procedures development for the facility.
13. Ensure adequate staffing to support providers’ schedules
14. Assist in the process for annual budgets within responsibility area; review budget with the Admin Manager- Clinics and Group Practice Manager; monitor compliance with budget on a regular basis to forecast future problems; assist in development of strategies to address budgetary variances
15. Provide clinical assistance in responsible clinics, or as assigned by the Admin Manager- Clinics/Director of Nursing, for optimal clinic flow and patient safety
16. Submit clinic orders and maintain inventory management for items and equipment required for patient care
17. Keep abreast of current issues and changes in healthcare, especially those related to clinic of responsibility
18. Participate in special projects that supports operations and perform other duties and supervision as assigned
• Required: Graduate from an accredited Registered Nursing Program; two (2) years of related experience; and two (2) year experience in a team lead and/or charge nurse role required. A BSN is preferred. Work experience may NOT substitute for minimum education requirement
• Current Alabama RN license is required.
• Current CPR certification from the American Heart Association is required as a part of the pre-employment checklist. All certification/licenses must be maintained
• Must possess basic knowledge of computers, PC applications, software, and database management.
• Preferred: 3 years supervisory/management experience and Ambulatory Care Certification (AMB) preferred
• Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must exhibit the ability to: (1) be self-directed/self-motivated; (2) accept responsibility for the direction, control, and planning of assigned clinic; (3) relate to others in a manner which creates a sense of teamwork and cooperation; (4) communicate effectively; (5) exhibit flexibility; (6) demonstrate quality work ethic; (7) counsel and mentor direct reports; and (8) maintain a patient/customer-centric environment.
This role may require lifting up to 50 lbs.
The work location for this role is onsite.
Cooper Green Mercy Health Services Authority is proud to be an AA/EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
email CGRecruitment@uabmc.edu for more information!