- Job ID: 14253
- Functional Area: Management
- Position Type: Full Time
- Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
- Location: Birmingham, AL
- Department: CLI-Specialty Clinics
- Education Required: Associates Degree
- Relocation Provided: No
Welcome to Cooper Green Mercy!
Located in the vibrant and historic city of Birmingham, Cooper Green is an ambulatory care facility dedicated to serving the residents of Jefferson County. By visiting this website, you’ve taken the first step toward a fulfilling future.
Our vision: Be the choice for care in our community.
Our mission: Serving all residents of Jefferson County, Alabama, through respectful, comprehensive, patient-centered care to achieve optimal health and a higher quality of life, regardless of ability to pay.
Commitment to Diversity: Cooper Green Mercy Health Services Authority, an affiliate of UAB Health System is an ambulatory care clinic that strives to provide an environment where our patients, employees and providers have a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We are committed to improving the health and lives of those we serve. We will act with intentionality to innovate, attract a workforce that represents the community we serve, invest in our community, and educate our workforce to be culturally competent and socially responsible.
Provides leadership and supervision to clinical and clinical support staff in Case Management, Call Center, and Population Health. Directs and implements the daily functions for the applicable departments’ outpatient clinical support areas. Provide and manage quality patient care to young adults, adults, and geriatric populations.
1. Support and execute all clinic functions while adhering to all applicable state, federal, and local laws pertaining to an ambulatory care center, and monitor standards as established to meet all applicable facility guidelines.
2. Utilizes critical thinking abilities in the evaluation of care, patient teaching, and the triage of patients.
3. Displays good rapport and professionalism with all internal and external customers.
4. Evaluate and improve workflow; oversee the department's day-to-day operations according to established policies and procedures; address problems and implement solutions.
5. Collaborate with and provide clinical/administrative support to the Ambulatory Services Manager, Clinics Manager, Director of Nursing, and Medical Director as needed.
6. Complete performance evaluations six months after new hire onboarding and annually for each employee based upon objectives and time frames in collaboration.
7. Accomplishes nursing human resource objectives by interviewing, selecting, onboarding/orienting, cross-training, completing departmental check-off of new employees, counseling, coaching, and mentoring direct reports.
8. Initiate and follow disciplinary procedures when applicable in collaboration with HR Administrator, the Director of Nursing, and the Ambulatory Services Manager.
9. Provide ongoing knowledge and education through in-services, monthly meetings, and/or annual trainings.
10. Assist in crafting clinic and facility policies and procedures, and ensure they are followed, especially those related to patient care and safety.
11. Maintain time and attendance logs on all direct report employees.
12. May serve as a peer mentor and provide student learning experiences as assigned.
13. Participate in quality improvement projects; gather and report QI data and audits to the Director of Nursing, Ambulatory Services Manager, and appropriate personnel; submit other monthly or quarterly reports as assigned.
14. Ensure adequate staffing to support the facility’s needs and patient care.
15. Assist in the annual budget process for the assigned area of responsibility; collaborate and review the budget with the Ambulatory Services Manager, Group Practice Manager, and finance department personnel; monitor budget compliance regularly to forecast future problems; assist in the development of strategies to address budgetary variances.
16. Provide clinical assistance in responsible clinics or as assigned by the Ambulatory Services Manager/Director of Nursing, for optimal clinic flow and patient safety.
17. Submit supply orders and maintain inventory management for items and equipment required for patient care.
18. Keep abreast of current issues and changes in healthcare, especially those related to clinic(s) of responsibility.
19. Participate in special projects that support facility or department operations and perform other duties and supervision as assigned.
• Graduate from an accredited Registered Nursing Program; Current Alabama or Compact RN license. Work experience may NOT substitute for minimum education requirements.
• Five (5) of nursing experience gained in Ambulatory Care, adult Med-Surgical, Emergency, or Critical Care Nursing. Two (2) years of experience as a team lead and/or charge nurse.
• Current CPR certification from the American Heart Association is required as a part of the pre-employment checklist. All certifications/licenses must be maintained.
• Possess basic knowledge of computers, PC applications, software, and database management.
• Three (3) years of supervisory/management experience and Ambulatory Care Certification (AMB).
• A Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
Must exhibit the ability to: (1) be self-directed/self-motivated; (2) accept responsibility for the direction, control, and planning of assigned clinic; (3) relate to others in a manner that creates a sense of teamwork and cooperation; (4) communicate effectively; (5) exhibit flexibility; (6) demonstrate quality work ethic; (7) counsel and mentor direct reports; and (8) maintain a patient/customer-centric environment.
This role may require lifting up to 50 lbs.
The work location for this role is onsite.
Cooper Green Mercy Health Services Authority is proud to be an AA/EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
email CGRecruitment@uabmc.edu for more information!