The Medical Staff of Brookwood Baptist Medical Center recently honored five members of hospital staff with the distinguished Melissa Cole Award. The award, named in memory of beloved team member who personified dedication and compassion in her role as a Cardiac Intensive Care Unit nurse, is presented annually to nurses and staff who demonstrate the same outstanding qualities that defined Melissa's career.
This year's recipients include:
- Julie Tidwell, RN Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Katie Stewart, RN Emergency Department
- Rachel Stamps, RN Women's Health
- Rodney Jones, Technician Behavioral Health
- Kim Lewis, Technician Main Operating Room
"The professionalism, service, and compassion these team members exemplified over the past year is outstanding," said Russ Ronson, MD, medical staff president. "I am very proud of the way they represent Brookwood Baptist Medical Center."